Manager of Customer Experience (NY)
Book of the Month is seeking an experienced direct-to-consumer CX professional to lead our Customer Experience function. At BOTM, CX sits at the intersection of our marketing, operations, and technology teams. Not only does CX troubleshoot problems for our members, this team also captures and communicates important member insights and plays a key role in testing and rolling out new features. The successful candidate will be an exceptional written communicator, an experienced manager of people, and an instinctual analytical problem solver.
Deliver an exceptional customer service experience to our members.
- Create and improve policies, workflows, macros, and programs that deliver a consistent, high-quality service experience.
- Manage service delivery across a highly variable monthly pattern - scaling up to meet SLAs during the high-volume portion of the month, and then scaling down to reduce expenses during the lower volume portion of the month.
- Conduct and manage a QA process that ensures quality service delivery, provides quality coaching to our team members, and consistently raises the bar.
- Manage the team to deliver on desired business outcomes (saves, upsells, etc.) while maintaining high service levels.
Build, lead, and manage our team of member services associates across our internal and 3rd party resources.
- Identify and hire top-quality CX associates across in-house and 3rd party teams.
- Create a positive and fulfilling team culture that retains our member services associates.
- Create career paths and opportunities for growth within the member services team.
- Manage the relationship with our existing third party staffing agency; and long term, analyze the trade-off between in-house and 3rd party resources and actively adjust our strategy based on the business needs and objectives.
Monitor and communicate the voice of the customer throughout the organization.
- Own reporting for several key customer centric KPIs, including C-Sat, NPS, and CX SLAs.
- Work closely with the member experience marketing team to compile member insights and communicate them through the organization weekly.
- Capture customer insights using data and evidence, rather than instincts and anecdotes.
- 5-10 years experience with at least 2 years in a Customer Service leadership role, ideally at a direct-to-consumer internet brand.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep experience actively managing vendor relationships.
- Experience managing and escalating confrontational and difficult customer interaction.
- Strong team leadership abilities; provides direct and timely feedback and support to team members
- Comfortable using data to manage and communicate the performance of your organization.
- Proficiency required in G-Suite, Excel, BI & Analytics tools with a focus on trend forecasting and creating dashboards.
- Experience with managing hourly, scheduled team members
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organization, task and time management.
*Must be located in NY, TX, or PA
Base salary range between: $80,000 - $100,000