Help us continue growing and building our brand in innovative ways!
We're looking for a talented brand generalist to manage a set of marketing initiatives, which will rotate (and hopefully expand) over time. We're a lean team -- this position will initially report directly to the CEO -- so there's an opportunity to learn a lot make a big impact. It's important that candidates are interested in working on and developing any/all of the programs listed below.
Critical skills and attributes for success in this position include:
1. Strong organizational and project management skills
2. Results-driven approach (focus on driving meaningful business impact)
3. Affinity for and understanding of BOTM's brand mission and aesthetic
4. Analytical and math skills
5. Tenacious and hard-working
Examples of marketing programs you will manage include:
- Affiliate and brand ambassador programs
- Brand partnerships
- Paid marketing channels (Facebook, etc.)
- Organic Instagram and Instastories
- Content marketing
- Experiential and IRL marketing activations
- Managing external marketing vendors
- Media buying
- 2-5 years of experience of relevant experience, preferably at a growth-oriented consumer brand or eCommerce business
- You are outgoing and persuasive, and enjoy persevering through challenges to accomplish a goal
- You are deeply interested in popular culture and new media brands/properties
Book of the Month is a subscription box that gives readers their choice of the best new and early-release reads each month.
We believe in books — and the people who write them. Each month, we feature five can’t-put-it-down books that our members might not otherwise discover. Think: new and diverse voices that you just can’t get enough of. Why? Because emerging writers offer new perspectives, and a lot of fun.
Our team is small, but mighty. Founded in 1926 and relaunched in 2015, the company is a startup brand with legacy vibes, located (among books) in NYC’s Flatiron District. We embrace the innovative, the experimental, and even the so-crazy-it-might-work. Anything to get more people reading — and actually enjoying it.
Want to join us? We’re looking for engineers, marketers, CX associates, creatives, book lovers and more. Check out open roles at: https://bookofthemonth.com/join-our-team.