Senior Product Designer
Book of the Month is looking for a seasoned and versatile Senior Product Designer to execute and grow a digital product that’s as beautiful as it is functional. Working closely with the Product team, the Senior Product Designer will support all things product design—from wireframes, visual design, and interaction design through prototyping, implementation, and deployment. Our company is at a transformative stage and this person will help define how 1m+ monthly visitors interact with our digital product.
What you will be doing..
- Design and prototype intuitive features and experiences that consider business, tech, and marketing needs while upholding brand standards and our design system.
- Conduct competitive analysis, user testing and research.
- Present your designs in well organized figma files and leverage prototyping when needed.
- Work collaboratively and iteratively (designs may take 10+ rounds of feedback) to incorporate internal feedback, data analysis, and user research.
- Partner with PMs to prioritize work and support pixel-perfect development of designs.
- Maintain and evolve our product design system, style guide, and processes.
- Assist the PM in identifying additional design talent as needed in freelance or full-time capacity.
- Help audit your designs on site and app to ensure parity with your design specs.
- Stay informed on how digital product design trends are evolving and ensure that our product is staying ahead of the curve.
What you should have…
- 5-10 years of in-app product design experience—especially in-house for consumer-facing products.
- Experience designing for iOS & Android mobile platforms.
- Fluency in Figma.
- A portfolio showing problem-solving ability, collaborative work style, iterative approach, and strong visual and interaction design.
- Self-starting ambition— the people who thrive here are comfortable moving quickly and taking initiative.
- Ability to work in a lean/agile/iterative process—sometimes “good enough” is the right decision for the business as a whole.
- Ability to be autonomous and collaborate—you know how to take ownership of your work but also know when to reach out for help.
- Ability to produce multiple concepts and variations; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fidelity sketches.
- Design with accessibility and inclusion in mind.
- General understanding of relevant technologies to support partnering with engineers.
- Comfort presenting and defending your work to C-level stakeholders.
- Familiarity with usability metrics, relevant HCI theory, and UX best practices.
- Degree in interaction design or HCI is a plus, but not required.
Base salary range between: $120,000 - $170,000