Book of the Month is seeking a growth-focused product marketer or general manager to lead the launch of a new Children’s Book of the Month Club.
Book of the Month is relaunching its children’s book club experience under a new brand name. The new business will be a subscription box product featuring physical books for children up to 3 or 4 years of age. We expect core customers to be parents, with a strong gifting component as well.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, commercially savvy, hands-on leader to launch this business. The role involves synthesizing customer acquisition marketing, product development and general management, to deliver a successful and compelling business within a short period of time.
The successful candidate will possess a strong point of view on the brand identity and vision for the business, and will also listen closely to early adopters to learn and iterate on the concept.
The new children's book club is currently scheduled for a soft-launch in May 2018.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy that prioritizes digital media (paid and earned), content partnerships, email, influencers, affiliates, and other channels.
- Work with product and engineering teams to conceptualize and execute changes to the product and new product features.
- Articulate a compelling brand value proposition through high quality copy and design.
- Define the “out-of-box” experience and gifting experience.
- Launch of the club within 3 months from start date and reach at-scale growth over a 6-month period to position the club for strong 2018 holiday gifting performance.
Minimum of five years of combined experience with one or more of:
- An eCommerce company or agency working closely with eCommerce companies.
- Marketing within parenting/children’s sector in the digital media and content channels.
- A growth- oriented, product role at a consumer internet or digital content company.
- Experience launching new consumer brands from scratch with a very small team.
Key Attributes for Success
- Tenacious and resilient person focused on achieving successful business outcomes.
- Extremely detail oriented, hands-on, "doer" (this role will not initially manage a team).
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and strong math skills.
- Creative marketing skills.
- Desire to work hard on a challenging and rewarding assignment.