Book of the Month is looking for a Creative Director to help us deliver excellent, cohesive, and high-performing brand experiences across digital and print. This person will manage the creative team and our internal creative processes from brief through execution. The successful candidate is a talented writer or designer, who brings an iterative, data-driven approach to the creative process. They are also a great storyteller who understands how to bring ideas to life by matching written word and visuals to an underlying strategy.
About the Role
- Concept, write/design or review all creative assets to produce excellent and high-performing brand messaging across channels.
- Push to deliver copy and visuals to achieve commercial goals while maintaining strong brand-aligned voice and branding.
- Manage our team of in-house and freelance creatives, as well as creative operations manager, to deliver projects on time.
- Leverage a broad network of top-notch freelance talent across disciplines to match business needs efficiently at any given point in time.
- Complete and maintain the company brand book.
- Ideally, continue to strengthen and evolve our brand identity over time.
- 7+ years of experience in design and creative execution at a consumer-facing brand or agency
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from ideation to execution
- Experienced creative generalist with a sophisticated understanding of web and graphic design, fluency with 2D/3D design, art, photography, copy, or video
- Perspective on how creative activations succeed in driving business performance
- Extremely well-organized and an excellent manager of your time. Very comfortable working under pressure and working irregular hours when needed.
- You thrive in situations with ambiguity and complexity
- You like to iterate to achieve the best outcomes
- You are career-oriented and like to manage teams
Base salary range between: $150,000 - $225,000