Book of the Month is looking to add an FP&A Analyst to our rapidly growing Finance team. This person will work closely with leadership across the company to help drive the business forward by creating financial models and analyses that clearly explain the key drivers of performance. This is a visible role where you will have the opportunity to learn about and have an impact on nearly every aspect of a successful D2C ecommerce business.
About the Role
- Maintain, update, and improve the company’s budget and financial models.
- Maintain an accurate revenue forecast that is updated at least monthly and successfully incorporates new revenue initiatives.
- Work closely with department leadership to create operating plans for all input costs across headcount, COGS, overhead, and variable expenses.
- Create detailed reports communicating performance against the budget and offer rationale to explain what is driving these outcomes.
- Partner closely with the business intelligence team to create detailed (often-complex) data-driven models and reports to forecast and report on important business drivers, such as pricing, deferred revenue, inventory, and more.
- Work with management on special projects by preparing Excel analyses, creating memos and presentations to summarize findings, and proposing recommendations.
- Participate in the financial close process by assisting in the creation of our monthly financial statement reporting package for the executive team.
- Assist in the tracking and evaluation of M&A and business development opportunities, as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance role at a bank, consulting firm, or technology enabled consumer business.
- Deep expertise building detailed models across the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Skilled at utilizing technology tools to analyze data and create reports. Experience with data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker is a must.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and financial statements
- Extremely strong analytical problem solving skills.
Base salary range between: $100,000 - $125,000