Member Services Lead
- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Customer Experience
- Entry Level
At Book of the Month, we aim to deliver an experience that our members love. The Member Services Lead plays a critically important role in delivering this experience. In this role, you will communicate directly with our members by phone, email, and social media to help them join, manage their membership, choose which books to read, and provide solutions to any unexpected problems they experience with their membership. You will also provide our product, marketing, and editorial teams with feedback from our members so that we can keep improving. If you love books and readers, have great verbal and written communication skills, and are passionate about being a part of a high growth team – this could be the job for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver high-quality member support via phone, email, and social media.
- Build a positive relationship with our members, and ensure that they have the best book discovery and membership experience possible.
- Train Member Services agents and provide day-to-day support with questions they have.
- Monitor the schedule and performance of Member Services agents and report any issues to team leadership to ensure timely resolution.
- Contribute to policies and best practices based on what our customers are saying.
- You love books! You’re a passionate reader, and enjoy chatting with other readers.
- You have a service oriented personality. You love helping others -- it’s just part of who you are.
- You think on your feet, learn quickly, and enjoy finding creative ways to solve problems.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills – including excellent grammar skills.
- You are familiar with ecommerce and are great with technology.
- You’re positive, proactive, and possess a “no task too small” attitude.
- You are available and willing to work varying shifts, including weekends.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service role.
- Positive attitude. You are able to remain poised and maintain a friendly disposition while handling challenging customer interactions.
- You take a proactive approach to challenges and have a passion for making things right.
- Detail-oriented, with a laser focus on quality and high standards for achievement.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer service related position preferred.
- Experience with and/or interest in e-commerce preferred.
- Experience with Zendesk preferred.
- Ability to work weekends and varied shifts according to business needs.