Ad Copywriter (Freelance)
Book of the Month is an e-commerce book subscription company that gives readers their choice of the best new and early-release reads each month. Our mission is to help readers discover new books they love and promote the careers of emerging authors.
We are looking for an ambitious copywriter to write clever, cheeky, compelling copy aimed to drive acquisition and conversion. Examples of projects include: launching and growing audiobooks, growing our market share in Canada, and growing market share in specific age demos (GenZ, Baby Boomers).
This is a remote, project-based freelance position about 10-15 hours per month.
- Deliver short-form digital advertising copy for paid social and search ads.
- Deliver scripts for short-form videos on TikTok and Instagram to drive acquisition and product adoption.
- Deliver copy for emails, website and app features, direct mail pieces and other projects as needed.
- Incorporate feedback from key stakeholders and pivot messaging when necessary.
- 4+ years of copywriting experience, ad copywriting experience strongly preferred
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to brand voice, and experience writing witty/humorous copy.
- You have experience working with DTC brands
- You like to iterate to achieve the best outcomes
- You love books and reading!